Americans spend nearly a third of their lives sleeping. Who wants to spend that much of their life uncomfortable? Switching out an old, unsupportive mattress can do wonders for your back health and a good night’s sleep.
It Might Be Time to Buy a New Mattress If…
- You regularly wake up stiff, numb, or achy.
- You sleep better away from home.
- Your mattress is visibly sagging or lumpy.
Hidden under covers and sheets and blankets, the state of your mattress might not be immediately obvious. If you strip the bed and see visible wear and tear, that’s a clear answer on the state of your mattress! Perhaps you sleep fine, but your partner is tossing and turning. Not only is the mattress not their best fit, but an old mattress won’t reduce motion transfer the same as a fresh one. The movement could be impacting your sleep without you realizing it.
It’s recommended to change your mattress every seven years. Crawford’s Home Furnishings offers a full line of mattress and foundations by Englander, Including orthopedic mattresses, memory foam, and mattresses for plus size sleepers. At Crawford’s, we know a mattress is a big purchase. To ensure that your investment is protected, follow the tips below!
Keeping Your New Mattress in Tip-Top Shape
- Rotate your mattress regularly, especially in the beginning. For a single-sided mattress, turn the mattress 180 degrees to rotate it from end to end. For a double sided mattress, rotate it the same way and then flip it. Do this every two weeks for the first three months, then once every 2-3 months. This will balance out the usage of your mattress, extending its life.
- Use a high-quality bed frame with strong center support. This prevents sagging in the middle.
- Use a mattress pad. Remove stains with mild soap and cold water. Avoid abrasive chemicals, which will damage the mattress.
- Remind your kids that a mattress is not a trampoline!
If you’d like to learn more, visit us in Canton or Elmwood. Give us a call and one of our friendly staff members would be happy to help you learn more!
Canton Location: 309-647-3283
Elmwood Location: 309-742-2240